Sunday, December 18, 2011

Making a List and Checking it Twice


"Organizing is what you do before you do something,
so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up."
A.A. Milne

Leave it to the writer of "Winnie the Pooh," to put this into such wonderfully simple terms.

In early 2012, I'll try again to initiate an infrastructure. I'm not going to do this solo; it's unfair to expect me to carry this ball down the field alone. This will require a large organized team. I'll put together an organizational flowchart so you can see what I have in mind.

In order for us to succeed, we need dedicated, dependable and organized individuals who can lead, and commit to monthly conference calls, with the Los Angeles office as the central hub for all communication and campaigns.

I face the same challenge as before... how do I screen and vet thousands of strangers? Also, in light of previous events, for safety reasons, I need to know who is having access to me and my life. Obviously, I'll need to find a handful of trustworthy people locally, with whom I can meet, and together we'll then go through the emails.

The first time I tried to do this, it was overwhelming and simply impossible to do without help. I will need a team. Period.

FYI, I ran an ad in search of a website guru. Several people responded, all willing to donate their services (pro bono!) to build us a better website, and to finish the online community I began. (Tech stuff is so not my forté!)  As such, I will need a volunteer techie as a webmaster, and that person will oversee all website-related projects. Will also need one person devoted to handling all online petitions.

You know what? I'll put together a wish list and to-do list after January 1, and you can let me know at that point how you want to contribute. Wait to email me until after I post that request.

Wishing an early Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends. And to those who celebrate Christmas, you have less than a week to finish your shopping... remember to give something to animals in need. Donate to your local rescue, or Boon Lott's Elephant Sanctuary, or help out Operation Blankets of Love, or any other charity of your choice.

For now, have a great week ~ and keep fighting for the animals!

"It is more difficult to organize a peace than to win a war;
but the fruits of victory will be lost if the peace is not organized."
Aristotle



Disclaimer: The views expressed herein are those of the author.